Beautiful hand-painted 2D backgrounds, a thrilling story and an orchestral soundtrack – the iOS version of Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth provides the same gripping gaming experience as the other platforms. Icons and controls have been optimized for a smaller screen, but apart from that no changes have been made to the original game.
Set in the tumultuous period of 12th century England, The Pillars of the Earth sees characters such like Jack, Aliena and Prior Phillip fight to construct a revolutionary gothic cathedral in the fictional town of Kingsbridge and put their town on the map economically, socially and politically. Such aspirations draw the ire of the town’s rivals Bishop Waleran and William Hamleigh, a vengeful noble rejected by Aliena, who see the town and its rise to importance as a thorn in their side… they want to see Kingsbridge burn. This epic tale crosses decades and immerses readers in medieval life yet enthralls them in tales of heart-rending intimacy and humanity along the way.
The original novel by Ken Follett has sold more than 26 million copies to date.
Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth features:
• Interactive storyline events that can be changed, influencing the fates of its characters
• Key decision points with meaningful, emotionally-engaging story choices
• Over 200 hand-painted backgrounds featuring faithful rendition of 12th century life
• Three main playable protagonists, plus two extra playable characters
• An orchestral soundtrack by the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague
Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth Book 1 – From the Ashes will be released on 4 April 2018 for $4.99 US / £4.99 UK / €5,49. The game requires 2GB of RAM (iPhone 6s or higher / iPad Air 2 or higher).
The Pillars Of The Earth - iOS Trailer