In Shift Happens the players take control of Bismo and Plom, two jelly blob creatures that were joined together in an accident. The duo must use their newly-acquired power — the ability to exchange their size and skills seemingly at will — to survive a strange laboratory, overgrown green forests, dry canyons filled with deadly winds, and bitter cold caves. “Teamwork” is an important aspect of the game: When shifting, both characters change sizes simultaneously in a symbiotic relationship. The bigger blob gets smaller — and the smaller blob gets bigger.
- The bigger blob can throw the smaller blob across chasms, push heavy crates, survive in shallow water, and activate weight-based triggers.
- The smaller blob can jump higher/farther, move under small barriers, and be “launched” by the bigger blob.
The players always need to work and think together to finish the levels. And sometimes you may throw your partner "accidentally" in a large tar pit to get the coins, while the other characters lose on death. Trust or wealth, which route will the players take?
- Fun and demanding jump'n'run levels with cooperative gameplay
- Two different sets of levels: 40+ levels in co-op mode and 30 levels specifically for solo players
- Extra challenges and rewards will be unlocked while playing
- Special Hat-Feature: Bismo and Plom are able to wear funny hats and wigs inspired by famous YouTubers and Streamers. Try out Gronkhs-wig or a joystick and donut hat of Smosh Games!
Shift Happens is available digitally through the Nintendo eShop for $14.99. The game is already available on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Steam.
Awards & Recognition
- Winner "Best Game":FilmFest München, "White Elephant", Child-Media-Awards" - Munich, 26. June, 2016
- Nominee "Best German Game": German Video Game Awards - Munich, 7. April, 2016
- Winner "Best Gamedesign": German Video Game Awards - Munich, 7. April, 2016
- Winner "Best Kids Game": German Video Game Awards - Munich, 7. April, 2016
- With Mercury Shift Nominee "Best Newcomer": German Video Game Awards - Berlin, 21. April, 2013
Klonk is a game development studio in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. With its award-winning debut title Shift Happens, it has grown from a small student team to a mid-sized developer. The team consists of ten MD.H alumni who founded the company in 2013 after their graduation in gamedesign. Klonk works on own IPs as well as contract opportunities and external production unit.
© 2018 Nintendo
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.