Berlin, 2048: Resources are scarce, overpopulation, war, advanced digitizing and government surveilance, as well as robotics and cyber technology seem to be the herald of global catastrophe. In the wake of all this, humanoid robots claim human rights, while the military and futurists try to create artificial life.
In this dystopian world Richard Nolan, a father and journalist, tries to survive with his family. The industry's solution to all of humanity's problems, though, seems to be a new virtual world. Through mind transfer, people live their lives in a peaceful place called CITY 5.
But during Richard's upload, something goes wrong: he now exists in both places, the real world Berlin and as a second, incomplete version in virtual space. Now he tries everything to reunite with his virtual self and his family, but he soon realizes that his search for salvation affects not only him, but the future of all humanity.
State of Mind is a futuristic thriller written by Martin Ganteföhr, who's already established as a writer of outstanding games. The dystopian 3D adventure combines two diverse explorable worlds. Various playable characters as well as realistic low poly visuals let players submerge in a gritty but realistic vision of the future.
State of Mind is scheduled for release in Q1 2018 for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation®4, Xbox One™ and Nintendo Switch™.
- 3D-animated adventure written by Martin Ganteföhr with intensively researched visions of the future
- Various playable characters and narrative layers
- Immersive story with multiple choice dialogues influencing the game's world
- Two fully explorable worlds: dystopian Berlin of 2048, and the utopian sprawl of the virtual world of CITY 5
- 20 hours of playtime in a unique, realistic low poly look