Navigate a chilling ocean filled with strange creatures, explore alien ruins, and cooperate with your crewmates to accomplish missions on your voyage. Choose one of several classes and work together to manage complex systems, including the nuclear reactor, guns, engines and sonar. Fend off hostile monstrosities, seal deadly radioactive leaks, and survive crewmembers infected with extraterrestrial viruses. But beware: some threats are closer than you think. Traitor mode is a multiplayer option that may randomly assign players as secret conspirators, complete with their own individual missions like assassination and sabotage.
Oscillating between thrilling and hilarious, Barotrauma allows you to create your very own creative chaos with procedurally generated levels and full mod support. Ragdoll physics give the game a uniquely weird look and feel, making it fun to both watch and play.
● Master intricate submarine management and crafting systems to survive the frigid depths of Europa, one of Jupiter’s largest moons.
● Work together in adrenaline-filled 2D co-op multiplayer with up to 16 players. Or betray your crew and bury them in an icy grave...
● Explore a vast ocean filled with alien life, ruins and other dangerous secrets.
● Enlist as one of several classes: submarine captain, engineer, security officer, mechanic, medic and assistant.
● Procedurally created levels and events ensure no two games are the same.
● Become a monster maker: transform the game via Steam workshop and create your own submarines, sprites, levels — and even alien creatures — for other players to download.
Barotrauma will be available in Steam Early Access on June 5 and will be continuously updated and expanded with new content, features and improvements.